Lam Ka Yan, is born and raised in the classic 90s Hong Kong. Yan obtained her first Fashion Design degree from Nottingham Trent University respectively. Before degree course, she studied Fashion design and Product development in Hong Kong Design Institute. Her graduate collection "Underground- the world beneath your feet" is horned with the Creativity Award from Hong Kong Fashion Designers Association and one of the finalists of Young Talent Award Hong Kong in 2011. After graduated, Yan worked with three local fashion brands: uuu…shooop!!!, Modement and Classic Anew as a fashion designer. In 2016, her personal clothing brand "WHY” launched.
1. founded in 2016 by Ka Yan Lam.
2. base in Hong Kong.
3. reconstruct her brand to sustainable fashion & branch out into three different lines – women, human & youth in 2020.
1. WHY 1st line.
2. womenswear high fashion.
3. redefine women wear with stock fabric and thoughtful cuts, giving you a doorway to explore different phenomenon, deliver the message of what you
have discovered and keep the emotions of your on-going journey.
4. shape your unique style with our design and unveil your inner beauty.
5. limited production by using stock fabric, or remade from existing clothing.
6. collection launch 1-2 times per year.
1. WHY 2nd line.
2. basic items collection in genderless size.
3. offer collectibles with refine cuttings to excite you with vibrant and add verve to your closet.
4. items launch time to time.
5. no seasonal & trend limitation.
1. WHY 3rd line.
2. embed storytelling in the product, ranging from daily good, vintage to accessories.
3. offer remade service by use client’s own clothing / product / fabric / materials…etc, reinventing your garments to witness your lived experiences and extend your memories from the inside out.