As Seen in Vogue Erwin Michalec awarded fashion designer. He has showcased in Africa Fashion Week London and prestigious Fashion Scout. He was also present in other various fashion and art projects
ERWIN MICHALEC’S DESIGNS HAVE A MIXED MEDIA OF ETHNIC INFLUENCES. HE IS FASCINATED WITH HAITANIAN VOODOO AND THE STRONG CONNECTION BETWEEN POLISH AND HAITIAN. INSPIRED BY THE CARIBBEAN AND AFRICAN CULTURE HAS BECOME A SIGNATURE ELEMENT THROUGHOUT HIS COLLECTIONS.
Erwin does not use any digital processing throughout the development of his design for the catwalk shows and presentations, as also orders for individual clients:
- The clothing (prototypes) is painted by hand
- Every design is different and as unique as possible
- There are not any printed works on any of his dresses presented on the catwalks, etc
- It is real paint which is directly applied to the fabric
- Only commercial versions are printed and made in the realistic prices BUT IN THE STYLE VERY DIFFERENT FORM HAND PAINTED PROTOTYPES.
Creating this kind of fashion is very laborious. These techniques have gained success for Erwin as he gained second place for the Radical Designer Award. This provided him with the opportunity for his collection to showcase in Vancouver Fashion Week, Canada.
Profile photo Marek Miszczak