Copenhagen Fashion Summit
15th & 16th of May 2019
Copenhagen Concert Hall
Ørestads Bloulevard 13
The next edition of Copenhagen Fashion Summit will mark the event’s 10th anniversary and will take place on 15-16 May 2019 at the Copenhagen Concert Hall under the patronage of HRH The Crown Princess of Denmark. The Summit is organised by Global Fashion Agenda, a leadership forum on fashion sustainability working to mobilise the global fashion system to change the way we produce, market and consume fashion, for a world beyond next season.
When the first Summit was held in connection with the UN Climate Change Conference COP15 in 2009, sustainability was still a rather new phenomenon in the fashion industry and often viewed as a philanthropic endeavour. Global Fashion Agenda, however, saw the urgent need for our industry to take responsibility and sparked the discussion by creating what is now the leading sustainability event gathering fashion decision makers.
Today, a decade since the Summit launched, sustainability has finally found its way onto the agendas of CEOs. Realising that it’s not only the right thing to do to protect and optimise our planet’s finite resources, more and more companies are also beginning to integrate sustainability into their business models. Likewise, there is also an increasing demand from consumers – making it a business imperative. With topics like climate change, human rights and resource scarcity soaring to new heights, Copenhagen Fashion Summit is more vital than ever.
As always Copenhagen Fashion Summit will present an outstanding line-up of high-level keynote speakers on its main stage, their names to be released in the coming months. Also shaping the 2019 Summit are regular features such as the release of the annual Pulse of the Fashion Industry report, closed-door leadership roundtables,
the 2020 Circular Fashion System Commitment signatory event, the Youth Fashion Summit, networking sessions, panel debates and topical deep-dive breakout sessions.
The sustainable solutions platform Innovation Forum, which features a curated selection of the world’s most promising solution providers, will be back again at the 2019 Summit. Innovation Forum will enable participating fashion brands to meet with more than 50 exhibitors covering the entire supply chain – from innovative fabrics to green packaging solutions.
The Summit has been rewriting fashion for 10 years, and the 2019 Summit will continue to move the industry from words to action, representing not just a meeting platform but an interactive space that inspires leaders to act on the most critical issues facing our industry and planet.
For more information about the agenda click here.
- Christopher Raeburn | Creative Director, RæBurn
- Dan Rees | Director, Better Work
- Dana Thomas | Author and Journalist
- Ellen Macarthur | Founder, The Ellen Macarthur Foundation
- François-Henri Pinault | Chairman and Ceo, Kering
- Jason Kibbey | Ceo, Sustainable Apparel Coalition
- Michael Barton | Vice President and General Manager, Global Commercial, Avery Dennison Rbis
- Monita Rajpal | Journalist and Founder, The Citrine Room
- Nader Mousavizadeh | Co-Founder & Co-Ceo, Macro Advisory Partners
- Prabal Gurung | Ceo and Creative Director, Prabal Gurung
- Robert Van De Kerkhof | Chief Commercial Officer, Lenzing Ag
- Roger Lee | Ceo, Tal Group
- Simon Collins | Founder and Ceo, Wedesign
- Vanessa Friedman | Fashion Director, The New York Times
- Wilson Oryema | Artist, Writer, Activist And Model
Regular Tickets from 500EUR
Premium Tickets from 1,000EUR
To purchase tickets click here.
For more information please click here.