The CNMI Green Carpet Talent Competition 2018 | Apply Now
This year’s stellar judging panel for the CNMI Green Carpet Talent Competition includes Edward Enninful (Editor in Chief Vogue UK), Derek Blasberg (CNN Style), Ellie Goulding (Singer, Songwriter and UN Goodwill Ambassador), and seminal fashion decision makers including Kelly Wong (Lane Crawford), Nathalie Kingham (Fashion and Buying Director MATCHESFASHION.COM) and Desirée Bollier, (Chair – Value Retail Management).
The five finalists of the competition including the Winner of The Franca Sozzani GCC Emerging Designer Award will each participate in The Bicester Village Shopping Collection 12-month mentorship programme by Value Retail. Working with handpicked mentors from across Europe and China, the finalists will benefit from global expertise in fashion, retail, supply chain management, consumer insight, brand building, tourism, marketing and distribution to help them reach their true creative and commercial potential. The designers will also have their collections featured in The Creative Spot, a platform dedicated to showcase new talents at Fidenza Village, just outside of Milan. Furthermore, the winner will have the opportunity to present at Milan Fashion Week in February 2019 supported by CNMI.
Candidates will need to:
- Complete the application form
- Provide lookbooks of the last two seasons from your brand
- Provide a design sketch and proposed materials for one look, guided by the CNMI Eco-toxicological guidelines and the GCC® Principles of Sustainable Excellence. These can be further refined in consultation with Eco-Age if selected as a finalist. All five finalist looks will be showcased on the night of the awards
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- Please apply directly online at www.cameramoda.it and complete it in as much detail as possible.
- Please submit your completed application form before midnight on 12 April 2018.
- Please note, by submitting the completed application form, candidates acknowledge that all materials and documents (including, by way of example and without limitation, sketches and computer renderings of the bespoke look) once provided to CNMI and Eco-Age, will not be returned and will be owned by CNMI and Eco-Age.
- Candidates further warrant that the bespoke look does not infringe upon third party’s intellectual property rights and that they are entitled to take part to the event by presenting the look and submitting the materials and documents without infringing any third party’s rights.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Independent designers or small brands only
- Product categories: menswear or womenswear (not accessories)
- The whole collection, or principal elements of it, must be produced in Italy (e.g. fabrics and/or garment manufacturing must take place in Italy)
- Candidates may be asked to submit additional supporting information, including press coverage and letters of support, which will be considered alongside the application to reach a final decision
Bespoke sustainable looks must meet the following criteria:
- Be the outcome of the designer’s sole creativity
- Be original and unique
Please note, candidates must be available on the following dates:
- 30 April: All shortlisted designers will be asked to provide further information to support their application
- 17 May to 22 June: the 10 shortlisted designers will receive mentoring to help create their final looks. Mentoring may happen in person, via phone, Skype or email
- Early July: the 10 shortlisted designers may be required to attend a judging event by a high profile panel of fashion experts and influencers
- 23 September 2018: the five final designers will be invited to attend the CNMI Green Carpet Fashion Awards, Italia at Teatro alla Scala, Milan