ANDAM Fashion Award Paris | Apply Now
ANDAM— Association Nationale pour le Développement des Arts de la Mode — was founded under the initiative of the French Ministry of Culture and the DEFI by Nathalie Dufour, with Mr. Guillaume Houzé as President since November 2017. ANDAM is dedicated to supporting young designers and reinforcing Paris influence, as the world fashion capital. To this end, ANDAM brings together institutional and major private actors of this cultural industry to develop coordinated strategies and transversal actions. Created in 1989, the annual ANDAM Fashion Awards offer a financial and logistic support to fashion designers chosen after a long and in-depth process of selection.
The 2018 ANDAM Fashion Award will offer four different prizes:
GRAND PRIX PRIZE | The winner will receive:
- A global endowment of € 250.000,
- Mentorship for one season by Francesca Bellettini, CEO Maison Yves Saint Laurent, who will advise the winner in her/his creative, corporate and commercial development,
- An in-kind donation from Swarovski of 10K euros worth of crystals to be used within the year following her/his fellowship,
- Guidance from MAC Cosmetics to help develop her/his international awareness,
- An individual monitoring and expertise of Maison des Savoirs-Faire et de la Création for her/his collections management and production control, including selection of manufacturers the most suitable to translate her/his creativity.
CREATIVE BRAND PRIZE | The winner will receive:
- A global endowment of € 100.000,
- A privileged mentorship from Ruth Chapman, co-founder of MATCHESFASHION.COM, who will advice her/him on her/his digital and commercial strategy, for a one-year duration,
- From Tomorrow London Ltd, the New York, London, Paris, Milan based distribution showroom, a privileged commercial and strategic support. The winner will show in Paris and Milan showrooms and Tomorrow will appoint a Brand Support Sales Manager to promote and sell the collection,
- From Galeries Lafayette, the use of an exclusive space for the presentation of her/his next two collections. Galerise Lafayette commit to buy the two collections of the winner, following the ANDAM grant.
FASHION ACCESSORIES PRIZE | The winner will receive:
- A global endowment of € 50.000;
- A strategic one-year duration mentorship from ANDAM and a privileged access to its jury and network
FASHION INNOVATION PRIZE | The winner will receive:
This new prize is dedicated to designers, entrepreneur or start-up, French and international willing to develop their project in France, which offer creative, innovative and technological solutions in the field of fashion design, production and distribution to develop an accountable and transparent Fashion, considering the economic, environmental and social issues.
- A global endowment of € 30.000;
- A privileged mentorship from Clarisse Reille, general manager of DÉFI, with the support of the experts’s committee;
- Direct access and support from the ANDAM Fashion Technology network, French incubators, French banks and funding, the IFM Start program and to the institutional and private actors of the French Fashion Tech industry.
- From January to April 13, 2018: The fashion designers submit their application form for the ANDAM Fashion Awards including company information (structure, team, turnovers, points of sales, …), description of their creative and business strategies for the brand, CV and lookbooks of their previous collections. Click here for further information and to submit your application. Deadline: March 31, 2018
- April/May 2018: Jury members review all applications submitted by eligible candidates and select the nominees who will be announced by press in May 2018.
- May/June 2018: The finalists work closely with the ANDAM team on their final project which will be presented to the jury. They need to enrich their dossier with prototypes of their next collection and a detailed business plan explaining the perspectives of strategic development which will be offered to the brand thanks to ANDAM financial support and privileged mentoring.
- June 29, 2018: The Jury Meeting: The jury meeting will take place on June 29, 2018. The nominees are interviewed by and present looks from past or/and prototypes of their upcoming collections to the jury, during 10 minutes. The four fellowship winners, elected by simple majority, will be officially announced at the end of the Nationale Commission, during the ANDAM Prize Ceremony.
- September 2018: In September will take place the fellowship winners shows and the ANDAM gala dinner, major events of Paris Fashion Weeks.