Born and raised in Dubai, Khulood Thani is the first UAE national to hold a degree in Fashion Management and Marketing from ESMOD Paris, the oldest sartorial institute in France. She also studied at London College of Fashion and Central Saint Martins, and received a Masters degree in Strategic Marketing from the University of Wollongong and a B.A. in Marketing Communication from Zayed University in Dubai.
Combining the meticulous skill of a designer with the sharp mind of an entrepreneur, Khulood launched BINT THANI in 2012. The brand quickly became known in the region for its distinctive silk turbans, and most recently for everyday luxury designs that are grounded in Dubai yet have global relevance. Her strong interest in Fashion History and major art and design movements heavily influence the label’s collections.
She works from her experimental studio set in Dubai’s industrial area of Al Quoz, where she also writes about fashion trends for a number of leading regional publications.
• “Between The Dunes” shown as part of “I Hate My Friends,” a group exhibition at XVA Gallery, Dubai (2014)
• Participation in “Origin. Passion and Beliefs,” supported by Not Just a Label, Vicenza – Italy (2014)
• Awarded the “Woman Leader in Art & Fashion Industry Excellence Award” during the 14th Middle-East Women Leaders Excellence Award, Dubai
• Fashion Advisor for Berlin Dubai Festival 2013, organized by the Goethe Institute for the German Language- Dubai
• Launched “BINT THANI” label in conjunction with A La Mode London Fashion Week SS12
• Creative & Cultural Entrepreneur of the British Council’s Cultural Leadership and Innovation programme, which addresses the changing needs of the creative and cultural sector in the UAE and the wider MENA region (2013)
• Guest panelist for “Embroidery Dream” organized by the The Alliance Française along with the French Embroider, Elisabeth Roulleau (2012)
• Guest panelist at “Globalized Fashion” during the Berlin Dubai Festival 2011
• Jury Member at Project Stylist 2010, organized by Image Factor
• Jury Member at the ESMOD Dubai Graduation Ceremony “Made in UAE” Fashion Show (2010)