- Online Shop
- Our Designers
NEWGEN WOMEN - FEBRUARY 2011 APPLICATIONS OPEN
Friday, 6 May, 2011
NEWGEN’s mission is to support the growth of original new collections which have the potential to make a mark on the international scene. Judging is undertaken voluntarily by a panel of Britain’s top editors, buyers and opinion formers who compare entrants against the standards of excellence attained by former winners. Those selected will receive sponsorship and mentoring tailored to the scale and positioning of their products and businesses. Only those willing to undertake the full scale of commitment required should apply.
Should you be invited to an interview you will be asked for research and knowledge of your markets and are expected to have a good understanding of these areas.
TERMS OF ENTRY
- Your company should be UK based.
- You should have been in business for no longer than 3 years.
- The collection should consist of womenswear or accessories. If you have a menswear collection you must apply for NEWGEN Men support.
- Design duos are permitted to enter.
- No samples, press material or look-books should be submitted unless requested.
You are required to provide:
- A 500 word summary of how you see your business moving forward over the next 2 years, details of your brand identity and why you should receive the sponsorship award.
- 2 industry based references to complete your application form - we suggest that a buyer,journalist, opinion former, professor or significant mentor are relevant referees.Please note however that you do not need a written reference from these people.
- A full list of UK and international stockists.
Equal opportunities section must be completed, but can be anonymous, this will be kept and will not affect your entry.
If you have been rejected more than 3 times, you are no longer eligible to apply.